In full support of the incredible community of volunteers, educators, and trail users created and furthered through Arizona Trail Association, I offer up for raffle one Moustache Cycles custom mountain bike frame, to be handmade, right here off the AZT in Coconino County, by me, Richard May, for you, you luckiest of discerning AZT pedalers you. The one holding the winning ticket will be treated as one of the family through the custom bicycle fitting, design, and build process here at Moustache Cycles and walk away with what I sincerely hope is your AZT dream ride. All proceeds from this frame will go to the Arizona Trail Association.
While this concept started years ago with talks of what an Arizona Trail Bike may look like, it leaves some flexibility in interpreting what exactly that may be to the end user. The raffle is for a FRAME ONLY, leaving the rest of the bike to be designed and built around crucial parts. Some of these parts may need to be in hand for the build process, others may not. Parts packages and individual components will be available for purchase to the winner through Moustache Cycles, and I am happy to help you through the parts selection process. Other handmade offerings (forks, racks, handlebars) may also be purchased and will be fabricated alongside the winning frame.
Frame to be delivered shall have:
- geometry custom designed for rider fit, form, and function,
- tubing custom selected for rider, use, form, and parts selection,
- fillet brazed chromoly construction,
- fixed, non-movable dropouts (10mm horizontal or vertical, or 12mm thru-axle)*,
- choice in common dropout spacing (135, 142 thru, 148 thru [boost], 157 thru),
- clearance for up to 3.0" tires,
- threaded BSA bottom bracket shell,
- choice of common seat tube (fixed or externally routed dropper) sizing,
- choice of common head tube size (1-1/8" external cup, or 44mm tapered steerer),
- choice of H20 and rack boss attachments,
- braze-ons to accommodate all features of the bike,
- polished stainless "Moustache" head tube badge,
- single color (two-coat) powder paint job*.
The fine print:
The winner of the Dream Ride Raffle will be granted an immediate spot in the Moustache Cycles build queue and the finished frame resulting from the ensuing fabrication project. This spot can be deferred for up to one year, but if deferred, delivery date will fall behind existing work load. Timeline for delivery varies, but I aim to have this in your hands as soon as feasible; barring those things that happen in life, you're next. Parts packages (full builds) will be priced as a package, and individual components will be priced individually. Any and all parts purchased need to be paid in full prior to ordering. All final decisions as to frame aesthetics, build specifications, and paint shall fall within the design and branding parameters of Moustache Cycles, and are subject to builder approval.
Further questions can be directed to:
Drawing to be held Sunday, March 5 at the Sedona Mountain Bike Festival